Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL), the only Line with a two-night cruise departing year-round from the Port of Palm Beach, announced today that Grand Classica, its new ship joining Grand Celebration, will begin sailing on April 13, 2018. Reservations for Grand Classica open today with a special Buy-One, Get-One Free booking offer.
Beginning with the first sailing, Bahamas Paradise will be the only cruise line to offer daily departures to Grand Bahama Island from the Port of Palm Beach becoming the largest provider of tourism to the Island. The two ships expect to carry approximately 500,000 passengers annually to Freeport, Bahamas. In opening reservations, BPCL also revealed details of the beautiful new ship, including dining, entertainment, bars and lounges and other amenities.
“At 52,900 gross-tons, Grand Classica complements Grand Celebration nicely. There are several additional public spaces – so we are excited to add some new offerings, as well as bring all the popular outlets that we have on Grand Celebration for consistency with our guests,” said Oneil Khosa, chief executive officer of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line. “Having two ships sailing daily to Grand Bahama Island will also give our guests the flexibility and convenience to take advantage of a two-night getaway any day of the week. Our daily departures also add a number of options to our unique Cruise & Resort Stay offering, with guests able to add any number of nights at a Grand Bahama Island hotel.”
The Classica underwent a major refurbishment in 2014. In October 2017, a comprehensive dry dock took place to improve systems and infrastructure, complemented with refurbishments and improvements executed by BPCL, to make her ready for the US market.
Grand Classica Details
With a total of 10 lively, passenger decks and a guest capacity of 1,680, Grand Classica features 658 staterooms and a full complement of dining, entertainment and recreational activities for all ages. When guests board the ship, they will be greeted in the Central Atrium with its large, glass sculpture and guest service and shore excursion desks. The ship’s decks have been named to reflect the vibrant islands of the Bahamas; for example, deck 5 is the Bimini deck and deck 8 is the Abacos deck. All the ship’s activities and entertainment take place on decks 8 through 14 where guests will find a wide range of dining options, as well as live entertainment, large casino, spa, pools and more.
Grand Classica will have a total of eight dining options offering different cuisines and new concepts:
- The Yellow Elder – The main dining room, is complimentary and was named after the national flower of the Bahamas. Two seating times will be offered for guests. A portion of The Yellow Elder will also offer MyTime Dining for those who prefer flexible dining times.
- Admiral’s Steak & Seafood – As featured on Grand Celebration, the Line’s signature specialty restaurant aboard Grand Classica will offer a five-course gourmet meal where guests can choose from fresh seafood or a succulent steak with exceptional cuts like Black Angus and Certified Angus beef.
- The Rock Grill –A new interactive experience for dinner outside, located on deck 10 aft with ocean views -- guests will cook meats tableside on a lava rock grill and can also order The Bull specialty burgers (a favorite concept already on Grand Celebration which combines premium meats with chef-created unique burger pairings), along with drinks and full bar service.
- A Slice Above – Mama mia! A new concept for lunch and dinner on deck 9, serving Italian fare, including flat breads, calzones and build-your-own gourmet pizzas.
- The Grand Café – Mirroring Grand Celebration’s newly introduced Grand Café, this specialty coffee and gelato bar will also offer a variety of hot or iced specialty coffees, teas and other beverages, including smoothies and freshly squeezed juices. In the morning, guests can indulge in chocolate croissants, Viennese pastries, muffins and quiche. Throughout the day, the Grand Café will offer delectable sweet treats, including delicious homemade gelato, sorbet, cakes, tarts, cupcakes and chocolate truffles.
- The Crow’s Nest Sports Bar & Grill – A new concept for both ships, this outlet sits high atop deck 14 on Grand Classica and will be the perfect place for sports viewings shown on numerous large LCD screens and will serve a selection of beer, cocktails and classic pub fare. Guests can also enjoy classic pub games such as pool, darts, skee-ball and vintage arcade games. Grand Celebration will unveil its newly developed Crow’s Nest Sports Bar & Grill in March.
- The Ocean View Buffet – A complimentary buffet located on Deck 10, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks.
- Room Service – Complimentary room service will be offered; guests can also order The Bull specialty burgers from room service, a la carte.
Entertainment abounds on Grand Classica with venues around the ship featuring live music, Vegas-style shows, action-packed casino and comedy.
- The Legends Grand Theater – A two-level theater located on decks 8 and 9, where live Vegas-style shows and performances featuring the Grand Classica singers and dancers will be held, along with comedy shows. There is also a bar and lounge area outside the theater for those who want to enjoy a cocktail before or after the show.
- Para-A-Dice Casino – This large and spacious casino on deck 9 will offer a wide range of slot machines and table games for those seeking lady luck at sea. 101 of the most popular slot games, in addition to 10 table games, including Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Three Card Poker and Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em Poker are featured.
- Encore Lounge – Located on deck 8, the spacious Encore Lounge is a great venue onboard to have a cocktail, enjoy live music and relax between events and activities. A central stairway serves as a focal point and leads to deck 9 where dining options, including A Slice Above and The Grand Café, are located.
- Regal Room – One of the most popular venues on Grand Celebration, the Regal Room on Grand Classica, located on deck 9 aft, will feature a large bar and stage for live music and entertainment.
For catching rays of the warm Florida and Bahamas sun, Grand Classica guests have several choices.
- The Oasis – Mirroring The Oasis concept from Grand Celebration, Grand Classica’s adults-only area features the aft pool, two whirlpools and a bar on deck 11, surrounded by lounge chairs and amazing ocean views.
- Plunge Pool – The ship’s main pool features a large pool surrounded by a spacious deck and lounge chairs. The adjacent Plunge Bar serves beverages and specialty cocktails. A jogging track above the pool area gives guests the opportunity to exercise while enjoying great views.
Additional amenities on Grand Classica include:
- Conference Center – A business area on deck 8 houses a large conference center that seats 80, as well as several adjacent meeting rooms giving companies more options to hold both intimate and larger corporate events onboard.
- Indulgence Spa, Fitness Center and Salon – When it’s time to get pampered, there’s no better place to indulge than the spa and salon, offering massages, facials, skin treatments and more. The oceanview fitness center includes a wide range of equipment and free weights for those who want to stay fit at sea.
- Kruzers Kid’s Club – Trained youth counselors offer complimentary play and activities for children from ages 3 – 17.
- Lucaya Plaza – For some retail therapy, shopping aboard Grand Classica takes its name from the popular shopping district in Grand Bahama Island. Shops will offer duty-free items, as well as jewelry, watches, souvenirs, apparel and the Bahamas’ famous rum cake.
- Central Atrium – On deck 5, this central hub welcomes guests with a large reception area and guest service team members are available to assist with questions, booking shore excursions and making reservations.
- Connect Internet Lounge and Card Room – For those that want to surf the net or stay in touch with family and friends, the Connect Internet Lounge is the place; Wi-Fi is offered onboard for a daily fee.
- Memories Photo Gallery – Located on deck 9, guests can relish their photos taken onboard by the ship’s expert photographers; photo sessions are also offered for guests to make lasting memories suitable for framing.
Accommodations on Grand Classic include at a total of 658 well-appointed staterooms and suites:
- Suites – Luxury awaits at the top of the ship. There are 10 suites located on deck 10. All feature a balcony, queen-sized bed, bathroom with shower and large jetted tub, sitting area with pull-out sofa bed and large closet, sleeps up to four.
- Junior Suites – There are two spacious junior suites on deck 5 that feature a living room with pull-out sofa and large picture window, along with a comfortable queen-sized bed, sleeps up to four.
- Oceanview – 430 oceanview staterooms are situated on decks 4, 5, 6 and 7. Comfortable and spacious, oceanview staterooms feature cream walls and showcase a variety of upscale furniture, including a desk, table & chair, flat-screen television, large picture window (or porthole) and private bathroom with shower. Sleeps two, three or four guests.
- Inside – There are 216 inside staterooms on decks 4, 5, 6 and 7. Also roomy and comfortable, inside staterooms offer an incredible value and feature a variety of sleeping accommodations, a desk, table & chair, flat-screen television and private bathroom with shower. Sleeps two, three or four guests.
Open for Sale and Special Offers
Reservations for Grand Classica’s April 13 sailing and beyond open for sale today.
To celebrate her arrival and the “Perfect Pair” with two ships offering daily departures, the company is introducing an amazing, limited-time Buy-One, Get-One Free offer. Guests can experience twice the fun, twice the excitement and twice the beauty of Grand Bahama Island. For just one week only, guests can reserve one sailing on either ship and get a second sailing on the other ship for free*.
BPCL is also offering special incentives for travel agents and wholesalers to increase exposure through all distribution channels.
Visit the company’s website: www.BahamasParadiseCruise.com or call: 800-995-3201 to reserve your getaway to paradise on Grand Classica or Grand Celebration.
*Terms and conditions apply, see the company’s website for full details.
Media Contact: AnneMarie Mathews, 305-733-9744, email@example.com
Editor’s Note: High-Resolution Images, available for download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rrs7ih0jlp9spax/AAC9GFPlysq-i9uXEbqyIzoIa?dl=0