The Group Destination Services (GDS) team consists of travel professional experts within the Groups Department at the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation.
We provide destination management services to both inbound and locally based, meetings, conferences, and events assisting with planning, negotiating, and executing group travel programs to enhance their travel experience.
- Meet and Greet services at all airports and cruise ports (fast tracking)
- Bahamas Government representation
- Airport Authority liaison
- Immigration and Customs clearance
- Airport and Cruise port facilitation
- Courtesy calls on Senior state officials
- Hotel Liaison Services
- Staff manned hotel Secretariat/Hospitality zones
- Pre and Post Tour itineraries –Freeport and Out Islands
- Ground Operators and Destination Management Companies identification
- The Identification of private estates for tours and functions
The Bahamas also offers an array of professional Destination Management Companies (DMC) and Transportation Companies to cater to your complete meeting, incentive, conference, and event needs.
Inspiring Themed Events
Here’s a sample of Bahamian themed events for you to experience:
People-to-People Tea Party and the Royal Bahamas Police Force Band – Beat-the-Retreat, hosted by the Governor General of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas.
The Cat ‘n’ Fiddle – A combined entertain experience featuring Goombay Rhythms, Fire Dance, Limbo, Drumming and Dancing
Rake ‘n’ Scrape – Features the Quadrille Dance, Plaiting of the Maypole, Knock the Conch Style (dance), Music using drums, saws and other Bahamian instruments.
Junkanoo – Mask making and Costume pasting, Cow bell shaking and horn blowing, Junkanoo rushing featuring drums, cow bells and musical instruments.
Calypso and Jazz – Combined musical genres for receptions, dinners and dancing, featuring, Merengue and slow dance, musical instruments are the bass guitar, guitar, congo drums, horns and keyboard.