St. Stephen's Anglican Parish first opened its doors in January of 1851 in Eight Mile Rock, West Grand Bahama. St. Stephen's was the first Anglican church to be built on the Island. In the latter part of 1899, a hurricane on Grand Bahama devastated the church of St. Stephen's leaving only one or two walls and the foundation. Two years later the church was rebuilt, and on December 25th, 1901, the new church was consecrated. The current edifice has been renovated and extended over the years by a succession of Parish Priests and Bishops. Worship Services includes Sunday mass at 7:00 and 10:00 a.m. and evensong at 7:00 p.m.




P.O. Box 42063, Bartlett Hill

Contact Information:
Fr. Rudolph Cooper
(242) 348-3507, (242) 348-2246
Great for...


Rates are subject to change at any given time and The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, or The Government of The Bahamas, will not be held liable for any decisions made based upon it.