Murray Street

This street is named for the Hon. John Murray (1786 1797), former Earl of Dunmore. He founded the town in 1791, laying it out into 190 lots, which were sold for 35 cents per lot, per year. The Little Boarding House on this street was built in 1948, the second establishment of its kind on the island. It accommodated about 12 guests and was managed by Ms. Hathe Thompson and Ms. Marion Johnson, who was Headmistress of the primary school here. These women also influenced the Roman Catholic Bishop to start a church here and Roman Catholics have celebrated more than 80 years in Harbour Island.

Ottimo per...