The original church was built under the rectorship of Father Floyd and was consecrated by Henry Norris Churton, Bishop of Nassau, on February 24th, 1900. Bishop Churton died at sea when his boat capsized on January 20, 1904, and a memorial cross was constructed in his honor on Pigeon Cay, just off Ragged Island.
It is part of the Southern Archdeaconry in the Parish of Saint Andrew, George Town, Exuma. It has now been rebuilt/renovated and the new structure was consecrated on February 11, 1990. Its Patronal Festival is celebrated on December 28th.
Sunday School is at 10:00 a.m. with Sunday Worship Services at 11:00 a.m.