Home / Things To Do/

St. Christophers Anglican Church

St. Christophers Anglican Church was built in 1939 when Father Marshall was the parish priest. A schooner, the Frank A. Murray, was wrecked off Cape Santa Maria, Long Island. It was loaded with timber from The Abacos. Father Marshall heard of this and on visiting Lewis and Clarence Fitzgerald at The Ferry, he suggested they consider visiting the wreck to see what timber might be salvaged to build a family church. The salvaged timber was used to build the church and its pews. The Fitzgeralds prepared the lime generated for the mortar by making use of the mangrove trees, conch shells, and tamarind trees found in The Ferry. The kiln used to prepare the lime was also made by Lewis and Clarence Fitzgerald.

View Map
Fr. Mario Conliffe

Email: marioconliffe@hotmail.com

Queens Highway