Home / Things To Do/

St. Stephens Anglican Church

Freeport - Grand Bahama Island St. Stephens Anglican Church

St. Stephens Anglican Parish first opened its doors in January of 1851 in Eight Mile Rock, West Grand Bahama. St. Stephens was the first Anglican church to be built on the Island. In the latter part of 1899, a hurricane on Grand Bahama devastated the church of St. Stephens leaving only one or two walls and the foundation. Two years later the church was rebuilt, and on December 25th, 1901, the new church was consecrated. The current edifice has been renovated and extended over the years by a succession of Parish Priests and Bishops. Worship Services includes Sunday mass at 7:00 and 10:00 a.m. and evensong at 7:00 p.m.

Travel Requirements
Learn More >