Home / Things To Do/

The Priory (Dunmore House)

Nassau, Nassau & Paradise Island The Priory (Dunmore House)

Dunmore House was built by Lord Dunmore between 1787 and 1788. It was rented as a residence for Governors until the present Government House was completed in 1804. In 1829 Dunmore House was purchased by the War Department and converted into Officers Quarters and Mess Hall. The House was subsequently converted into a military hospital. In 1893 the house was purchased from the War Department by the Roman Catholic Church and converted into a priory. It is now the home of the National Museum of the Bahamas. (Information courtesy of the Department of Archives.)

View Map
Mrs. Kim Outten-Stubbs

Email: info@ammcbahamas.com

West & West Hill Streets

Travel Requirements
Learn More >