Information on Condor:
- B 767-300 series aircraft
- 1 flight per week (seasonal service – 6th November, 2017 – 30th April, 2018)
- Flight operates Frankfurt/Nassau/Havana/Frankfurt
- 129 seats dedicated to Frankfurt/Nassau service
5,387 estimated stopover visitors (@ 80% load factor)
18,855 estimated room nights (double occupancy @ 7 nights average stay)
$8.1 million in visitor spending (@ $1,504 average spend per visitor)
Benefits of CONDOR Frankfurt/Nassau Flight:
- Achieves one of the primary objectives of the Ministry of Tourism: It generates nonstop airlift from Europe and strengthens the base of airlift to The Islands Of The Bahamas (where 80% of airlift presently originates from North America).
- It increases the market reach and market access of The Islands Of The Bahamas: It provides good connections from key tourist markets in Europe (like Zurich, Copenhagen, Rome, Berlin, Munich, Milan and Brussels).
- Creates the opportunity to achieve year ‘round nonstop service from Frankfurt, one of the top tourism gateways in Europe.
- The increased demand will pave the way for new route development opportunities from Europe to The Islands Of The Bahamas.
- “Thru Fares” via and Interline Agreement between CONDOR and Bahamasair ensure that visitors would be able to visit Nassau/Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island and the Family Island, thereby spreading the visitor spending throughout The Islands Of The Bahamas (Representatives of the Industry from Nassau/Paradise Island, Grand Bahama and the Out Islands are present today).
LIST OF ATTENDEES:
- Honourable Frankie Campbell, M.P., Actg. Minister of Tourism & Aviation
- Honourable Travis Robinson, M.P., Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Tourism
- Mr. Charles Albury, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Tourism
- Mr. Rickey Mackey, M.P., Chairman – Nassau Flight Services
- Mr. Milo Butler III, General Manager, Airport Authority
- Ms. Vernice Walkine, CEO, Nassau Airport Development Company
- Mr. Ricardo Rolle, General Manager, Nassau Flight Services
- Mr. Carlton Russell, President – Bahamas Hotel & Tourism Association
- Mr. Rembert Albury, Executive Vice President – Grand Bahama Island Promotion Board
- Mr. Kerry Fountain, Executive Director – Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board
- Mr. Tyrone Sawyer, Senior Director – Airlift Development, Ministry of Tourism
Event Flow for CONDOR Inaugural at LPIA:
- Honourable Minister, Parliamentary Secretary and Industry Partners and the Media to muster at LPIA by 4:30 p.m.
- CONDOR flight arrives at 5:05 p.m.
- Upon arrival, aircraft will receive a “Water Welcome” by the Airport Authority Fire Department
- Official Party would be positioned between Jet Way and Arrival Area, under the direction of NAD, to greet arriving passengers as they disembark the aircraft
- A welcome gift would be given to each arriving passenger.
- Honourable Minister, Parliamentary Secretary and other Industry Officials would be available to answer questions by the press afterwards.