Autumn has proven to be an exciting time for The Bahamas. Two major events will take over Nassau and Freeport this month and there is a new five-star resort coming to the Out Islands. When visiting throughout the fall and winter months, travelers can expect to see enticing travel deals, rich local and cultural events and new offerings across the islands.
NEWS AND EVENTS
Five-star Resort Planned for Long Island –One of the most pristine and undeveloped islands in The Bahamas is set to receive a new luxury resort. The mixed-used Port St. George will span 2.25 miles of Long Island shorefront, with 4,200 feet of shoreline on the Exuma Sound and 2,000 feet of Atlantic frontage, for a total of 882 acres. It will feature a five-star hotel and spa, along with 515 luxury residences, a 640-berth full-service marina a yacht club, a beach club and a golf course, among other amenities. The real estate offerings will include 500 condominiums and townhomes and 15 luxury villas. The project will have an eco-focus, with plans to operate entirely off the grid through solar tiles and storage batteries.
Old Bahama Bay Resort & Yacht Harbour Expansion– As part of the rejuvenation of Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Old Bahama Bay Resort & Yacht Harbour has received approval to move forward with their plans for a new development called Grande Harbour at Old Bahama Bay Resort. The current plans include 460 luxury condos, stunning infinity pools, a lavish spa, two restaurants, athletic courts, a convention hall with venue space, a 78-slip Dockaminium with extended dockage for mega yachts and much more. Grande Harbour will also include a community hurricane shelter for resort employees, their families and West End residents. The expansion is expected to bring roughly 900 construction jobs to the island and full-time employment for over 300 persons.
Hero World Golf Challenge – Tiger Woods will return to The Bahamas on Nov. 29-Dec. 2 to host the 2018 Hero World Challenge, PGA’s most exclusive tournament at Albany, Bahamas. The tournament combines the best of luxury hospitality with 18 of the world’s top ranked golfers. The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Aviation (BMOTA) signed an agreement helping to guarantee the event’s place in New Providence for the next four years through 2021. www.pgatour.com/tournaments/hero-world-challenge
Grand Bahama Tech Summit – From November 14-16, 2018, Freeport, Grand Bahama Island will host the second annual Grand Bahama Technology Summit at the Grand Lucayan Resort. A number of high-caliber industry speakers and panelists, including John Padgett of the Carnival Corporation, Eugen Winschel of SAP CoPilot and executives from CISCO Systems and CompTIA, will gather in Freeport to discuss the latest advancements in the technology business sector. The second annual event is an integral part of the Office of the Prime Minister’s concerted efforts to attract international businesses, develop local talent, and position Freeport as a hub for technology.
PROMOTIONS AND OFFERS
For a complete, up-to-date listing of deals and packages for The Bahamas, visit www.bahamas.com/deals-packages.
Baha Mar Casino and Hotel Deals– Baha Mar hotels, including Grand Hyatt, SLS and Rosewood, are incentivizing travelers to upgrade their beach vacation with a variety of new hotel offerings and value-driven packages.
- SLS Baha Mar Taste of SBE– Stay at SLS Baha Mar and receive complimentary bites & sips from their best-in-class SBE hospitality group’s Bahamas restaurants and bars including Katsuya, Fi’lia, Cleo, Bungalow Pool and Monkey Bar. Offer valid now using promo code “TASTE”.
- SLS Baha Mar Sisterhood’s Latest Sin– Grab your closest friends and book your next stay at SLS Baha Mar. This package includes a complimentary bottle of rosé sparkling wine in room on arrival, a $500 credit at Privilege day club and $500 credit in Bond nightclub with champagne toasts. Offer valid now using promo code “PKGGIRL”.
- SLS Baha Mar Smart Little Savings– Stay for three nights but only pay the price of two when booking with this offer, available for a limited time only. Offer valid now using promo code “Stay3”.
- Rosewood Baha Mar Stay and Play– When booking three nights or more, guests can enjoy daily unlimited golf, including a guarantee of at least one tee time per day during peak hours at Royal Blue Golf Club at Baha Mar. Offer valid for bookings made by Nov. 20, 2018 for stays until Dec. 20, 2018.
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar The Grand Escape– Plan an unforgettable fall getaway with the Grand Escape package for two. This package for two includes $150 food and beverage credit, one round of golf with complimentary golf cart for two, one hour of tennis court time for two, a 60-minute couple's massage for the price of a single and one complimentary morning fitness class. A three-night minimum stay is required. Offer is valid now for stays through Dec. 20, 2018 using promo code “FALL” at the time of booking.
Abaco Beach Resort Bonfire– Book six nights and receive a beachside dinner for two, bonfire and room upgrade including bottle of sparkling wine, equaling an $800 value. Offer is valid until Nov. 30, 2018 for travel until Dec.15, 2018 using promo code “BONFIRE”.
Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board's Air/Cruise Credit Offer– Travelers from the United States and Canada can pre-book an air/cruise ferry-inclusive vacation for four consecutive nights or longer at a participating Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board member hotel and get up to a $250 Air/Cruise Ferry Credit. Guests must book between Oct.15 and Nov. 12, 2018 for travel before June 30, 2019. Blackout dates apply.
Bahamas ParadiseCruise-and-Stay– Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is offering its first-ever vacation package that combines a cruise ship experience with a resort stay. The offer is valid on cruises between the Port of Palm Beach and Freeport, where guests are able to stop over for two or four nights at one of four participating island resorts.
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
Stay up-to-date with the latest events and happenings in The Bahamas: www.bahamas.com/events
Exuma Marathon (Nov. 10, 2018)– The Exuma Marathon brings you to one of the most beautiful islands on earth. History, culture, and the world-famous swimming pigs all await you in this slice of paradise in The Bahamas. Featuring a 31-mile race, "The Run for Pompey," plus races for all ages and abilities, Exuma Marathon is more than a race. It's an experience. www.runforpompey.com
Old Bahama Bay Wahoo Charity Cup (Nov. 15-17, 2018)– The first OBB Wahoo Charity Cup is hosted at Old Bahama Bay (OBB), West End, Grand Bahama Island. The tournament will be a two day tournament targeting the ever popular among sport fishing teams in South Florida, Wahoo. www.obbwahoocharitycup.com
Annual NCAA Men's Junkanoo Jam (Nov. 15-18, 2018) – This annual basketball tournament features NCAA Men's basketball teams from various universities / colleges throughout the United States., many of the nation’s finest men’s programs have converged in The Bahamas to test their skills and enjoy some fun in the sun. www.junkanoojam.com/contact
Battle 4 Atlantis College Basketball Tournament, Atlantis, Paradise Island (Nov. 21-23, 2018) – Celebrating its eighth year of elite collegiate tournament play, the 2018 Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis will feature Wisconsin, Florida, Virginia, Butler, Dayton, Stanford, Oklahoma, Middle Tennessee State going head to head in Paradise Island in The Bahamas. The annual Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis once again falls during the Thanksgiving holiday. The 12-game, three-day tournament is regarded as one of the most challenging early-season tournaments. www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a
Media Contact: Anita Johnson-Patty, General Manager, Global Communications | Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation | firstname.lastname@example.org
Weber Shandwick | Public Relations | Bahamas@webershandwick.com