All Saints Anglican Church, Mangrove Cay, Andros, The Bahamas

All Saints was established under a leaf tent in 1818 by Joseph Evans, an Anglican priest from London, and a Mr. Arthur Sweeting from Harbour Island, both of whom were slave traders. It was first upgraded to a wooden structure, then to a stone temple structure in 1891, making it the oldest building in Mangrove Cay. The land on which it sits was originally bought to establish a slave trading business.

Sunday Service is at 9:00 a.m.; Sunday School at 3:00 p.m.

Location:
Queen's Highway
Peets, Mangrove Cay
Bahamas
Contact Information:
Father Delano Archer
(242) 369-0158
Great for...