The Lord Proprietors built the original building on this site in 1670, making it the first church built in The Islands Of The Bahamas. The present structure, built in 1841, is the fifth church that has occupied this spot. The year 1861 marked an historic beginning for the islands; Nassau became a city and Christ Church was made a Cathedral.

Along the walls of the church, tablets trace the trials Nassau citizens endured over 150 years ago. Be sure to look at the baptismal font at the back of the sanctuary. There you will see the hallmark of its British carpenter, a tiny church mouse carved into the wood.

Sunday Services: 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 6:00 p.m.

Location:
George Street
Nassau New Providence
Bahamas
Contact Information:
Rev. Patrick Adderley, Rector
(242) 322-4186
Great for...

 

Rates are subject to change at any given time and The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, or The Government of The Bahamas, will not be held liable for any decisions made based upon it.