Dunmore House was built by Lord Dunmore between 1787 and 1788. It was rented as a residence for Governors until the present Government House was completed in 1804. In 1829 Dunmore House was purchased by the War Department and converted into Officers Quarters and Mess Hall. The House was subsequently converted into a military hospital. In 1893 the house was purchased from the War Department by the Roman Catholic Church and converted into a priory. It is now the home of the National Museum of the Bahamas. (Information courtesy of the Department of Archives.)

Location:
West & West Hill Streets
Nassau
Bahamas
Contact Information:
Mrs. Kim Outten-Stubbs
(242) 326-2566
(242) 323-1925

Rates are subject to change at any given time and The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, or The Government of The Bahamas, will not be held liable for any decisions made based upon it.