St. Peter's & St. Paul's Catholic Church was designed in 1939 by the late Father Jerome Hawes. He was an Anglican priest but converted to a Catholic Minister during the year 1911. He designed both churches but built the Anglican Church, which was completed in 1884.

Father Cornelius began building the Catholic Church in Clarence Town during the year 1946, with the untiring help of parishioners, using the plans and sketches drawn by Monsignor Jerome Hawes. The church which has twin towers is located on a very high hill overlooking the harbor and three large cays. It is featured on the covers of most Long Island brochures. The twin 40 ft towers (which can be climbed to view 360 degrees) are well-known landmarks on Long Island guiding mariners into the Great Clarence Town Harbour. The magnificent alter, back lit by sunlight, casts inspiration from its brilliant masterpiece design.

Location:
Queen's Highway
Clarence Town
Bahamas
Contact Information:
Deacon Patrick Darville
(242) 337-3802
(242) 337-0205
Great for...