The Group Destination Services (GDS) team consists of travel professional experts within the Groups Department at the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation.
We provide destination management services to both inbound and locally based, meetings, conferences, and events assisting with planning, negotiating, and executing group travel programs to enhance their travel experience.
- Meet and Greet Services at all ports of entry
- Liaison with Bahamas Government, Vendors and Agencies
- Airport Authority liaison
- Guiding the Immigration and Customs clearance process
- Airport and Cruise port facilitation
- Courtesy calls on Senior Officials
- Assist with local Professional Speakers
- Assist with the planning and execution of International Conferences
- Assist with the planning and execution of Official Opening Ceremonies and Protocol procedures
- Assist with Cultural Exchanges
- Assist with Temporary Work Permits
- Hotel Liaison services
- Staff manned hotel Secretariat/Hospitality Services
- Organize Authentically Bahamian Marketplace for Conferences & Events
- Organize Spouse Programs
- Organize site visits to hotels and off-site venues
- Arrange People-to-People Tea Party at Government House or a unique People-to-People Experience
- Recommend Authentically Bahamian giveaway items for groups
- Design Pre and Post Tour itineraries for all Bahamas
- Help with identifying Ground Tour Operators and Destination Management Companies
- Identifying off-site venues for functions and events
Diversity and SMERF Groups
Bahamians are the product of the historical encounter between Africa and Europe. Blacks comprise 85 per cent of The Bahamas' population descending from enslaved Africans who came directly from Africa or via the United States. The Islands of The Bahamas boast a vibrant culture, a rich heritage, colorful history and religious faith. We invite participation, connection, and immersion in a myriad of uniquely Bahamian activities, with the most hospitable people in the world.
With so many islands to choose from, we invite minority and ethnic groups to consider The Bahamas for your next social gathering, meeting, conference or event. We guarantee that you will leave feeling rejuvenated!
Social – Reunions (family, high school, friends), Civic Organizations, Professional Organizations, Alumni Associations, Student/Youth (recreation or service hours trips), Wellness Retreats, Fitness, Line Dancing, and other special interest groups.
Military – Vet Reunion or Retreats - gather and share your memorable war stories on a Bahamian island of your choice with beautiful natural surroundings and your best comrades.
Education – Professors, Teachers, and National Education Groups – consider The Bahamas for small meetings, conferences, or retreats with a cultural exchange program with local Bahamian educators.
Religious – Denominational and non-denominational churches, as well as faith-based groups, are welcome for Meetings, Conferences, Retreats (spiritual, pastors/clergy, couples, youth), or Gospel Concerts. Our capital of Nassau offers a plethora of places of worship for religious travel groups as they experience the beauty and culture of the island and our family islands offer a serene and tranquil atmosphere for pre and post packages.
Fraternal – Fraternal Orders, Fraternal Service Organizations and Fraternities and Sororities – come fellowship and network with each other as well as your Bahamian colleagues through meetings, conferences and retreats.
The Bahamas also offers an array of professional Destination Management Companies (DMC’s) and Transportation Companies to cater to your complete meeting, incentive, conference, and event needs.
Inspiring Themed Events
Here are samples of Bahamian themed events for you to experience.
- Bahamas Beach Bash: A night of fun and surprises. Party on the beach to include, a Bonfire, Bahamian Delicacies, Special Drinks, Limbo Dancing, Fire Dancing, Goat Skin Drum beating, Bahamian Games - Ring Play, Plaiting of the Maypole, Quadrille and Conch Style Dancing and entertainment (guest participation is a must!)
- Bahamas Junkanoo Rhapsody: A cultural presentation of a kaleidoscope of colours of costumes depicting the theme. The pulsating rhythm of the Junkanoo beat during the rush-out gives an effect of an out-of-body experience to all participants that can only be felt in The Bahamas. A spectacular presentation of arts and craft combined with a live band and a taste of the Bahamas. A memorable experience that will last a lifetime.
- Shades of Blue: The Bahamas is known for its turquoise and aquamarine waters. Imagine a mirage of shimmering tablecloths that reflect the movement of the ocean and centrepieces depicting our marine life in its brilliance of colours, and each piece handcrafted and perfectly set and displayed under the stars of The Bahamas. Imagine, nature in its splendour all around as the backdrop. Music fitting for this occasion, dancing the night away and five-star service of a meal fit for a king that will be an experience long remembered. To end the evening, fireworks in the distance light up the sky below the sound of the rushing ocean.
- Taste of Paradise: Travel around the Bahamas in one night. Experience our sixteen islands in their diversity of food and culture with a display of an authentically Bahamian House front Marketplace that will include storytelling and décor representing each island. Dance the night away with live entertainment, playing sounds of the Bahamas (Rake-N-Scrape, Goombay, Calypso and Junkanoo), or the music of your choice.
- Party in the Backyard: Experience the warm hospitality of our people, when opening their homes to groups and assist with plans for the ultimate experience where lifetime relationships are forged. In the setting of a beautiful garden, Bahamian delicacies will be served, tropical drinks on display by a master mixologist and music of your choice and dancing. You can also add a native show if you wish.
- Pirates of the Bahamas: Begin the evening with a costume cocktail party, greeted by Blackbeard himself with a spectacular backdrop of the Atlantis Rising. Proceed to the Santa Maria. Once onboard, a dinner with lots of dancing, fun and excitement. Sail the high seas orating his tales of past adventures. In the distance fireworks exploding.
These themed events can be offered both on or off-site. Kindly refer to our preferred list of companies below.
Destination Management Companies
Bahama Fantasies Limited
Equilibrium Events Inc.
Island Destination Services
Wild Flowers Events & Occasions
Exhibits & Equipment Rental Services
Blue Wave Imaging
Event Imaging Solutions
Production & Audio Visual Services
Zamar Group of Companies Ltd.
Bahamas Experience Limousine Tours