ICYMI May Cheat Sheet
Here’s what you missed in the Ministry of Tourism and Aviation, in May.
- Rosewood Opens: On May 22, Rosewood officially opened. Dubbed the crown jewel of the multi-billion dollar resort, Rosewood joins the illustrious SLS and Grand Hyatt hotel brands.
- Successful Year at Island Roots Heritage Festival - While we were wondering when the rain was going to disappear, Abaconians were celebrating yet another successful Island Roots Heritage Festival.
- More Flights Courtesy of American Airlines - More flights mean more ways for you to spend some time with us, in the sun, enjoying everything The Bahamas has to offer. American Airlines clearly agrees as they've added five new flights and 453 total seats, increasing the number of nonstop and connecting flights from three major US cities. Beginning in December 2018, there will be more non-stop flight options and enhanced connectivity to some of our favorite islands, including: Grand Bahama, North Eleuthera and the Abacos.
- Alpitour World Now Flies to Grand Bahama Island - GBI is steadily becoming the island of choice for the Italian market. The company has confirmed the arrival of the newest Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, scheduled for June 21, 2018.
- Freetown Residents Celebrated Whit Monday in Grand Style: Hundreds of residents and visitors gathered on Missile Beach in East Grand Bahama to celebrate the cultural traditions of the community.
- Another Sweet Success for Pineapple Fest: The 31st Pineapple Fest held in Gregory Town, Eleuthera had another great year and organizers are excited to see what year 32 brings.
- Jr. Rugby Players “Rucked” and “Mauled” throughout Grand Bahama Island - Over 300 persons traveled to Grand Bahama for the 8th Annual Jr. International Rugby Festival held May 19-20. Kids from all over the globe spent two days in Grand Bahama taking advantage of what the island has to offer.
The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Aviation Updates:
- We’re live, baby! The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Aviation recently partnered with Alpha Media, a broadcast company in Palm Beach to produce an eight-week travel talk show. This show gives listeners a chance to win an amazing prize, weekly. The show began on May 26 and runs straight through to July 14.