Valentine's Day is here, and it's no secret that finding the perfect gift is a task. It's even worse when you're away from home in unfamiliar territory. But be not afraid, we are here to help you and ensure that you and your beloved have a Valentine's Day experience at one of these five romantic Bahamian spots that will elevate your love to higher levels.
1. Lumina Pointe Resort, Stocking Island - For true romantics, Valentine's Day represents a day of hope, that your current love will be yours forever. Nothing complements this type of love like a visit to Lumina Point Resort located on Stocking Island. Although the entire resort is one romantic hideaway waiting to be explored, romance experts at The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism recommend spending some alone time reflecting on your love at the sandbank on this scenic property.
2. The Balmoral Club, Nassau - You know those gorgeous wedding pictures that grace social media and no one knows where they were taken but everyone has seen them? Yes, that's Balmoral Club. It's quite possibly one of the most picturesque places you'll visit in Nassau. Our experts recommend a picnic in the garden or a few hours poolside with your toes dipped in, playing footsies with your love.
3. Hope Town, Harbour Lodge - When it comes to romance, the Abacos are perfect and inspiring on every level. With so many beautiful options, it's always difficult to pinpoint just one but our romance experts are adamant that one of the most Instagram worthy pictures will be captured on the terrace at the Hope Town Harbour Lodge. The terrace overlooks yachts of every shape and size moored in the harbour.
4. Sapodilla Estates, Nassau- Although every inch of this estate is heavenly and simply sharing a glass of Chardonnay in the cocktail lounge makes you feel as if you and your partner are on cloud 9, there are some spots on this property that certainly stand out. The Angel Gazebo is one of those spots; it's surrounded by wetland and only accessible by a short bridge. Our romance experts say on the gazebo, it's you and your lover and that's all you need.
5. Grand Isles, Exuma -Valentine's Day is known for the unrealistic expectations it places on couples but spending Valentine's Day in The Bahamas allows you to exceed expectations in every way possible. Especially if you happen to be on Exuma, you've won Valentine's Day already. But to ensure you make your partner happy beyond measure, our romance experts propose a romantic evening on Emerald Bay Beach, a private one-mile beach of glistening white sand.
Wherever your plans take you in The Bahamas during Valentine's Day, we're wishing you a day full of love! Be sure to share your pictures with us using the hashtag #itsbetterinTheBahamasforLove