I enjoy libations anytime and mostly anywhere but if it’s one thing I equally enjoy is a friendly bartender. It’s what separates an okay experience from an amazing experience and you aren’t visiting The Bahamas for okay experiences.
Whereas you don’t have to always give me free drinks (although I won’t turn it down) you should always be chatty and accommodating. Since The Bahamas is known for its hospitality, finding the bar with the friendliest bartender wasn’t a challenge. When you visit – and we know you will – tell them we sent you.
- Owen – Senor Frogs: When I think of tropical destinations, I think of unbelievably fruity cocktails that I can’t find anywhere and Senor Frogs caters to that dream. Located in the heart of downtown Nassau, locals visit it but the tourists adore it. Let your hair down, vibe to some music and indulge in shots every hour but make sure you ask for Owen. He’s the perfect representation of Bahamian hospitality as he is accommodating, helpful and generous. You won’t want to leave him alone.
- Melissa – Aura Night Club: A 9,000 square foot nightclub nestled at Atlantis resort offers a luxury night club experience catering to your every need. Two bars, two VIP sections and a cashless bar. Aura offers convenience, atmosphere and great service, look for Melissa. She is pure gold.
- Kelly – Pirate Republic: The first and only craft brewery in The Bahamas and absolutely nothing about this place will disappoint the beer lover. If you travel the world sipping IPA’s, then settle down in Pirates and take in all the knowledge the bartenders will give you on their beer. Kelly, in particular, is stern but lovable. A tough nut to crack but once she is comfortable, she’s a gem of a bartender.
- Ally – Outback Steakhouse: After you’ve had what you really came for, a blooming onion – sit to the bar and have a few drinks. Ally at Outback takes the time to learn your name, your favourite drink and even recommends drinks for you based on your previous orders. Quality service with a smile.
- Arnold – Margaritaville: The newest bar and restaurant on the block. Perfectly situated on Paradise Island Harbour. It has everything you need for a good time: food, amazing drinks, a fin-shaped pool and three unique bars – did someone say party? Topping it off is Arnold, he’s a jovial and attentive bartender who is quick to tell a joke or a personal story to make you comfortable. Get to know Arnold and you’ll be returning time after time.