Ready for Your Swimming Pigs Adventure Tour?
If you're staying in Nassau or The Exumas, you can easily book a day trip to see the swimming pigs. Your adventure includes a boat tour through The Exuma Cays.
Get ready to fall in love with The Exumas for its pristine waters, flawless coastlines, and endless natural beauty.
Here's a typical day trip through The Exuma Cays:
- Feed Bahamian rock iguanas
- Visit Blowhole Beach
- Stop for lunch on Staniel Cay
- See the pigs
- Pet a stingray and hold a starfish
- Snorkel in the Out Islands
FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS Call The Exumas Tourist Office at (242) 336-2457
About the Pigs
How did the pigs get to Pig Beach? We don't know for sure. Big Major Cay is uninhabited and the pigs are not native to the island. Some say they were left by a group of sailors, who planned to come back and cook them. Or that the pigs swam over from a shipwreck nearby.
Wherever they came from, there are now about 20 pigs and piglets on Pig Beach. With daily visits from Bahamians and tourists, the pigs are living the easy life on Big Major Cay.
Visit The Exumas
Looking for a true tropical paradise? Visit The Exumas for the ultimate escape. There's so much more than just the pigs.
See why the world's most famous stars visit The Exumas again and again.
Here's just a few things you can do when you spend a few nights in The Exumas:
- Spend a night in Georgetown at a historic hotel
- Take a powerboat trip and see the pigs
- Take the water taxi to Stocking Island for amazing fresh conch
- Eat a whole fish at Eddie's Edgewater Grill
- Go to a dance party at Chat 'n Chill